21 January 2014

Welcome Back Disney!


Confession: The last time I saw a Disney animated movie in the movie theater, was in 1995 when Pocahontas came out to the theater. I really thought Disney's great days were over, because that was one of the last movies that "mirrored" the drawings and cell paintings that brought movies to life such as Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and the Little Mermaid. All of a sudden it was all about 3D and computer animation. Enter Toy Story and Bug's Life and movies I couldn't stand to watch because to me, it wasn't traditional Disney. 

Anyhow, fast forward to yesterday. Yesterday, I went and saw FROZEN with a girlfriend of mine, and as an adult, I thought it was TERRIFIC!
 My only criticism of the film was I feel that disney really needs to step away from the "Brat doll" look for their characters. The first thought that popped in my head when I saw Ana and Elsa was that they looked exactly like Rapunzel from Tangled, just different hair color and eyes. 

Many of people didn't recognize Josh Gad. One of the films that came to mind that I've seen him in was the "Love and Other Drugs" movie with Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal. 








There have been so many great celebs as Disney character voices, recall all of these famous faces and the characters they voiced? 


Here's Mandy Moore as Rapunzel she's got such a fabulous voice.


MandyMoore

The voice of Merida in Brave
I had no idea Kelly MacDonald voiced her--I only know her from the show Boardwalk Empire!
Kelly MacDonald

Fun fact about the film Brave:
Brave is the first disney film that is not inspired by either literature (Snow White, Cinderella, etc.) or real-life (Pocahontas, Tiana) works and the first without a love interest. She also never sings a major song, thus breaking away the traditional line-up, though as a child, she sang a small verse of a song in Gaelic, and Merida's rich Scottish brogue makes her the second Disney Princess with an accent. 

Interesting, Right? 

Let's flash back to The Lion King

This movie is PACKED with super star voices! No joke!
url
Moira Kelly is the voice of adult Nala. 

Personally, when I hear her name, I always think of her first major breakout role at Kate in "The Cutting Edge" ice skating movie. If you haven't seen it, it's a great flick! Here's a clip.

The voice of scar is Jeremy Irons
The-voices-behind-Disney-favourites-22

The voice of Simba's dad Mustafa is James Earl Jones
The_great_king_Mufasa_by_Lucifer017-horz

Jonathan Taylor Thomas is the voice of young Simba
jonathan-taylor-thomas-young-simba--large-msg-125611032523

Mr. Bean er real name Rowan Atkinson is Zazu
beanzazu


Cheech Marin was the voice of one of the 3 hyena. 
 6189191_f520


Fun fact for you--_Cheech was also the voice of another famous disney character from Oliver and Company the little Chihuahua named Tito. 

tito


Whoopi Goldberg the voice of one of the other hyena
6189170_f520

Nathan Lane is the voice of Timone
6188976_f520

Matthew Broderick is the voice of adult Simba
6188650_f520

And this famous guy is Phil Harris. He has been the voice for THREE different Disney characters! He's the voice of Baloo in The Jungle Book, Thomas O'Malley in The Aristocats, and Little John in Robin Hood! I think that's a record! 
bigbandlibraryharrisphilportraitintuxedo

There are many more famous people that have done multiple voices in Disney films you can check out the list HERE!


This lady
PHaVCCOxHZaWej_1_m
Kathryn Beaumont is the fabulous lady who voiced two very prominent Disney characters; Alice from Alice in Wonderland and Wendy Darling.


I could go on with this list FOREVER! If you missed my disney post from 2011 year you can check it out here


Well, till next time bloggers! :) 








2 comments:

  1. C Mae,
    Very cool post! I'm ALWAYS interested in stuff like this...most likely because I work with children and have to know these kind of things to be able to relate to them :). I haven't seen Frozen yet, but am excited to in the future. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Disney movies and I totally agree with you on the movies lacking the "Disney" feel. I have not seen Frozen yet but I want to! Phil Harris is from a town 15 mins away from my town!! awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.