02 January 2013

Book Review!

I've been a reading maniac over my X mas break!!! Trying to squeeze in as much as possible before I have to resume teaching! 

I just finished Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.

Loved, loved, loved it!!! 



Here's what Goodreads says about it:
"Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match." 
*summary taken from Goodreads





I am pretty excited to find out she is releasing Travis' side of the story coming soon in 2013!






Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. ahh! im def having this on my 'hold' list at the library! cant wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read so much over my breaks too! I just can't focus on books during the regular school year. This book sounds good, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this a couple weeks ago! I liked it and it was certainly an easy read...just not really my kind of book. A little too predictable maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! My Kindle broke in July on my honeymoon and I just got a new one for Christmas. I've been looking for some great reads to get me through the winter. I'm adding this to my list!

    Currently reading "From Ashes" and liking it so far...would recommend it if you need another read!

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read again. I read like... 1 book last year. LOL

    kristen
    www.beholdthemetatron.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review : ) I am always looking for new reads. I am currently reading Jodi Picoult's Lone Wolf. I'm also trying to get in as much reading as possible before I head back to teaching as well. Hope you've had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this book sounds interesting! now i want to read it! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adored that book too!!! I've read it twice now and just love it. I hadn't heard that she is writing Travis' side of the story also, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was one of my favorite books I read in 2012!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.