01 May 2012

Movie Review x2

We recently watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close starring Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock. I didn't really care for this movie. It was kinda slow for me. I didn't cry or get emotional even though it dealt with 9/11 and such. 

I'd say skip this one. 


We also started to watch
War Horse.
When I say started, I mean I made it through 47 minutes of the movie and started to bawl my eyes out. 

I begged Mister Wonderful to go watch it in another room without me, as he so graciously agreed to do. 

I am EXTREMELY sensitive to animals in movies. 
It's been years since I've watched Lassie, Benji, Old Yeller, Black Beauty. I Have a REALLY hard time watching anything that depicts the relationship between humans and animals and all that they endure.

Well, I went ahead and read the synopsis on wikipedia and I'm glad I did. There's no way I could of watched all that I read unfold on the screen. 

I checked in on Mister Wonderful at the very end of the movie. 
He said he cried! 

Hold the phone.

Did my fiance' just admit he cried watching a movie?

He said he hasn't cried since seeing the Notebook for the first time! 

So if you can stomach watching gut wrenching emotion pertaining to animals, then this is right up your alley. 

Steven Spielberg knows how to pull at your heart strings.





Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I've heard the same things about Extremely Loud. I think Ill pass on it.

    I saw War horse at the theater, and it was REALLY good, but it definitely makes you weepy. I cried like a little baby throughout, so don't feel bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents and I tried to watch War Horse on Christmas Day, but it was sold out. We ended up seeing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - not the BEST movie to see with your parents, but probably better than bawling through the whole thing in the theater! I'll have to rent this one so I can stop it if it makes me cry too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't care for extremely loud and incredibly close either. i can't wait to see war horse, i've heard nothing but good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I just watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close this past weekend. Major disappointment! Glad I'm not the only one who didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that War Horse was really good! And I am the biggest cryer ever with movies. Like Up? Can't watch the first 15 minutes because I ugly cry. And the Notebook? Can't even handle it.

    PS Be sure to check out my giveaway! http://www.simply-sarah.net/2012/04/my-memories-suite-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was looking forward to the tom hanks movie...sad to hear it wasn't that great.
    check out my giveaway of a dozen christian louboutin cookies here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I refuse to watch War Horse for the simple fact that I know I'll bawl my eyes out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you cried?? OH man. I didn't know War Horse was gonna go that way. Now Im not sure I can watch it...

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.