15 May 2012

Bachelorette Team Emily!

I Know blogger is going to be FULL of Bachelorette posts, but anyone that has followed me over the last 2 years know I am an AVID fan of the show (know matter how ridiculous it can get)

I honestly think this season is going to be much different than we have seen. Mainly because Emily did a lot of calling the shots!

They are filming in NC, her home state, JUST FOR HER!! Kids are on the show A LOT (at her request) and I know they had to go and do VIGOROUS background checks and such just for these men to be around the kids. 




I found these descriptions online about the men, and couldn't agree more! 

  • Kalon seems like a giant d-bag and he looks quite a bit like Cillian Murphy. He claims he's grown up now and not a loud, obnoxious womanizer anymore. We'll see about that.
  • Hey, look - an African-American man! And just when you think "The Bachelor" shows are racist ...
  • David is a singer/songwriter and his intro clip features him singing a song that seems to consist entirely of the world "Emily," so clearly he is a very successful singer/songwriter.
  • Jef is actually like 16. Seriously, he's Marty McFly but not as cute. But he's also the CEO of a bottled water company that donates to charity to build wells for clean drinking water all over the world. Well, OK. That's awesome. But he still just started shaving like yesterday.
  • There's an Indy car driver in the mix, but that really isn't that controversial. Ricky Hendricks didn't die at the racetrack. He also was a NASCAR driver and Arie is Indy car and (showing off my down-home-ness here) those two things are as different in the racing world as football and soccer are for ball-based sports. So it's really not that big of a deal.

The Bachelorette Manse

The men start arriving and some stand-outs (both in good and bad ways) include:

  • Doug is the second single father. He has an 11-year-old named Austin, while Tony has a 5-year-old named Taylor.
  • Jackson's opening line is, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. This is one of those moments" and it really makes me want to heave. I would probably tell that guy to try again.
  • Jef with on F reiterates my Marty McFly comparison by riding up on his skateboard while holding on to the back of the limo. *sigh* You are no Michael J. Fox, my friend.
  • Stevie (seriously, a grown man should not go by "Stevie" anymore) brings a boom box and dances, which would be cool if he weren't so frightening looking. Sorry, but that's just my truth.
  • Randy comes dressed as an old lady and then rips off the outfit. Um, what is that even supposed to do? You are supposed to be sexy and charming, not creepy and weird. I guess I'm thankful for small favors that he didn't pull a "better to eat with you" line.
  • Just based on first impressions when the pictures of the bachelors were released, Natewas my early favorite. So I'm glad to hear Emily exclaim over how cute he is.
  • Travis arrives holding an ostrich egg, which he says symbolizes how he'll take care of her and Ricki. So, it's like the guard-and-protect-your-heart tattoo only maybe weirder (but at least less permanent).
  • There are two hair issues - Michael with the long hair can't stop tucking it behind his ears. Get a haircut, hippie. And Ryan's hair is like an out-of-control Bieber-esque 'do, even if he does bring a cute note.
  • Kalon arrives by helicopter and while I feel there will be many reasons to feel he's a d-bag, this is not one of them. I don't really see how this is any different than Lindzi arriving by horse. It's an expensive prop that you have at your disposal to use to make yourself stand out and that does not inherently bother me. It's not like he swooped in and took Emily for a ride. That would've been a tool move. But the arrival itself is not offensive to me.




My picks or top 3 for her:

Doug (the guy who won the first impression rose)
Although I think he plays up the single dad thing a lot, I'm not convinced Emily will end with him.



Charlie.
The balcony guy who almost died. Great guy. Genuine. He's gotta be one that lasts! 

Ryan. I think she thinks he's super cute. 






Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I don't watch but I like Charlie just from looks! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are definitely my top 3 as well. i just wish ryan would fix his hair...that "bump" has got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Doug a lot, and was super glad she gave him the first impression rose.
    I think she kept Kalen around cuz of the producers. Hes a D in general. Ryan needs to fix his hair. If it was flat down, it would have looked so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your top 3! I was disappointed in her options though! I thought there would be more eye candy and personality! A lot of the guys were cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, LOVE this! I am loving Doug! Even though I am sure he told his son what to write in that letter to win some brownie points with Emily, hah! Charlie is adorable!! I love how Arie was nervous & honest about telling her he raced! So cute! Ryan is super cute, but has a weird shaped head? I don't know, ha. For some reason, I like Jef in a way, hah! The spelling of his name drives me nuts though. Ok, I am done writing my book :) hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA!!! i loove the recap comments of all the guys you found online. oh so true. the first episode always has so many terrible- slash unforgettable!- one liners. yikes!!! i am a huge bachelor/bachelorette fan- and i will definitely enjoy reading your tuesday recaps!! :) go team emily HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doug and Charlie are my favs for Emily!

    The comments about the guys are spot on! Some of the guys are totally d-bags! I hope she find her love this time though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those descriptions are BEYOND accurate. I love them all! The guy with the egg was totally creepy... and all of their entrances were just odd. I can't wait to see the drama unfold :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm liking Doug, Sean, and Nate. Someone needs to do an age check on that kid Jef! Also, I though her dress was gorgeous. Hope you do reviews each week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you hear that Arie guy used to date the main producer Cassie? Seems a lil strange...

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.