20 February 2012

Book Reviews!

This was my first time reading a book by this author.

"With rumors of infidelity straining Greg and Tess MacAvoy's marriage, the couple head out on their sailboat one early-summer day to celebrate their wedding anniversay, hoping the roughest waters are behind them. But in an accident off Nantucket, they mysteriously drown, leaving behind two small children as well as the three couples who have long been their closest friends. 

Tragedy brings to the surface long-simmering conflicts and emotions, and the MacAvoys' six grieving friends find themselves unprepared for the revelation of secret upon secret as they struggle to answer the question: What happened to Greg and Tess?

The Castaways probes the boundaries of friendship and forgiveness as it tells a page-turning story of passion, betrayal, and suspense, filled with the perfect details of summer island life that have made Elin Hilderbrand's novels beloved bestsellers."

Blurb taken from Amazon summary


I usually have a hard time reading books that jump from different point of views all the time. This one was easy to follow thankfully, and thus I was able to read the book in just under a week's time.


I think I will look into other books by this author! 



**********************************

Holy Moses.


Seriously y'all. I haven't read a book that I couldn't put down since I read "Water for Elephants". 

I finally found a book that I absolutely loved. It wasn't my usual romance novel that's for sure.

A little blurb...

On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a thirty-two-year-old Realtor, had three goals: sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she’s about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all. Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent captive in a remote mountain cabin — which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist — is a second narrative recounting the nightmare that follows her escape: her struggle to piece her shattered life back together, the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor, and the disturbing sense that things are far from over. The truth doesn’t always set you free. Still Missing is a shocking, visceral, brutal, and beautifully crafted debut novel about surviving the unsurvivable — and living to bear witness.





If you haven't read "STILL MISSING" by Chevy Stevens I HIGHLY recommend you pick up a copy asap! 


I could not tear my self from the book. Every page had me turning and reading feverishly trying to figure out what was going to happen. 






Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Hi dear, this looks great!
    I have just discovered your cool blog and I'm your newest follower!
    Greetings from Spain!
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been desperately looking for new books to read! Now it looks like I'm going to have to pick up a copy of each of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your reviews! I'm going to put these two on my to-read list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books look great! I have been trying to find some good books to take off reading soon!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. always looking for new books to add to my goodreads list! thanks lady! and goodluck rug shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reviews. Ive been looking for another good book to download to my Kindle, so I just got Still Missing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this book, but I haven't read it yet! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these books sounds like good books to add to my list -- i don't really have alot of time to read atm, but i am hoping that soon i will get more time.

    & i hope you find that perfect rug you are looking for!

    xx :: ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still Missing sounds like my kind of book. Just added it to my list of books to read. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just added Still Missing to my nook. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always looking for book suggestions!! Thanks for the recommendation of Still Missing- sounds like my type of book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, I've read the Castaway's a couple years back and really liked it. The second book looks awesome as well, I'll put it on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reviewed The Castaways for the publishing company, and it was good, but I thought Silver Girl by her was 100x better, so definitely check that one out! I have another one of her's on my shelf to read soon, so if it's any good, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.