16 February 2012

Book Review!

I finished "Before I go to Sleep" by S.J. Watson

Not my usual read, but a recommendation by a fellow blogger friend so I went with it.


If you've seen the movie  "50 First Dates" then you may like this book. The story line about every morning a woman wakes up and doesn't know who she is. 

Who do you trust when you have no recollection of what people are telling you? Despite being nearly incapacitated with her amnesia, somehow Christine painstakingly pieces together a fragmented picture of what happened and what is being kept from her by those she's supposed to trust - her husband and her doctor - both of whom are telling her different versions of her life. To make things even more complicated, what they're telling her also contradict the few puzzling memories that eventually resurface. 

I never guessed the ending and I never figured out what was really going on till I finished the book. I'd say it was a good read! 



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. oh i totally want to read this! sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it so suspenseful?! I have my review ready for next week..after my Vday week themed posts! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Ill pick up this book next. I usually love the books you recommend. Oh, and I loved your current book so much that I bought 4 other Elin Hilderbrand books. You should add Pictures of You by Caroline Leavitt. Its really good also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this book too! The ending was such a shocker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing your reviews-always gives me new ideas for my next read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book! Thanks for the review. Be sure to check out my giveaway .... http://hendersons01.blogspot.com/2012/02/big-apple.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds right up my alley! I'm going to have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this a few weeks ago. Definitely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love your header/blog background. so adorable. and so glad i found you on twitter, yay!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.