07 January 2012

Movie Review x2

Saw two movies in the last week or so.


First up:

Scary Thriller horror movie 

STRAW DOGS

 I finally saw Rod Lurie’s Straw Dogs.  A remake of the 1971 starring Dustin Hoffman.



Boo. Let down. Not as "scary" as it lets on. Kate Bosworth's Character "Amy" was a walking contradiction in this movie and it made her well, irritating to watch. 

Besides who goes running barefoot in the woods with no bra on? flat chested or not!

NOT REALISTIC!!




This movie has a pretty gross rape scene in it. Honestly I've seen worse movies then this. 

I wasn't "scared" or really grossed out.

If you want to see a scary movie, I suggest "The Strangers" starring Liv Tyler 
or
"Last House On The Left" 

these movies are by far the scariest horror movies I've ever seen.







Ok moving on...


Is it just me, or have the last few Sarah Jessica Parker movies really TANKED? I mean ugh, I've been bored out of my mind with the last few movies she's been in, this one included!

This movie was way to much like "The Nanny Diaries" 

you know the one that stars Scarlett Johansen 


I didn't get all the way though this one. Sorry SJP, but girl you should retire! Clearly your Sex and the City Days will always be the height of your career! 









Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I heard the same thing about that SJP movie. I totally agree with you...she will never top her S&TC hype.

    and I just saw your lil wedding countdown on the side bar...holy moly! It will be here before you know it and you will be saying Aloha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even heard of that new SJP movie. I think she's had a few good movies but I agree - can't top sex and the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about that SJP movie. I agree, though, her SATC days are definitely the height of her career.

    I might still watch Straw Dogs only because I am totally in love with Alexander Skarsgard...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing I ran into this because I have both of these movies on my netflix account.

    I have seen "The Strangers" and that movie scared both my husband and I. I honestly couldn't sleep for days. #1 reason why I refuse to go camping or live anywhere that isn't surrounded by other people. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. we watched straw dogs last weekend. i was not impressed. and the rape scene pretty much ruined it for me. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad that straw dogs wasn't all the previews hyped it up to be. You are the second person that has said this! BOOO!! And I was really wanting to see the SJP movie as well. Guess I will now just save my time and catch up on my blog reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you posted about the SJP movie, because I was totally wondering if I should watch it or not. Maybe I'll wait till it's FREE and on netflix! Haha thanks for posting!

    XO. A Southern Bee Diary

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good reviews on movies I was kinda iffy about seeing. Will probably not waste my time- thank you! I wondered about the sjp flick when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good reviews on movies I was kinda iffy about seeing. Will probably not waste my time- thank you! I wondered about the sjp flick when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, totally agree with everything you said about Straw Dogs. It irritated me so so bad that she went running with no shoes and no bra. WTF???

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm glad you posted this, these movies were on the bottom of my to-see list, but on there nonetheless. now i can skip them! thanks for saving me 4hours of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We watched Straw Dogs last week and I totally agree with you...not realistic. And the rape scene is totally unnecessary. I almost walked out of the room and stopped watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a big SJP fan..never really have been...

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.