17 October 2011

It's All about the "Scent"

Yesterday Aspen gave me yet another good scare. It was around this time last year we delt with her allergy nose breathing scare. Yesterday it had everything to do with a TAMPON.








Oh not MY tampon you see. I'm not even on my "thing" for another 2 months! 


I had a friend stay over at my house last night, who was in town for a funeral. When she left the next morning around 5 am to catch her flight back to NC, I got up shortly after around 6 am. Around 20 min or so, I noticed Aspen was no where to be found. I called and called for her. She didn't come. I started to search for her and then I saw it. a roll of bloodied toilet paper leading under neath the bed. I flipped out. There she was WEDGED under our King size bed just staring at me. Giving me the look of "I did something bad mom, so I'm not coming out!" 


I had to get a freakin broom stick to get her out!!! I started to cry hysterically. Our normal vet is closed on sundays, so I had to take her to their sister hospital, a clinic that is 24 hrs. In case you didn't already know this, but any time you take them to a clinic for an emergency, they charge you right off the bat $100 bucks just to see the dog. 


They must of thought I was a real nut going into detail how it wasn't my tampon. Yeah trying explaining that one. So They fed Aspen, gave her a shot to make her throw up. And she thew up everything she had left in her, but the Tampon. I kept thinking "How can this be!?!?" She gets car sick and will throw up food she has eaten HOURS before, how could she not throw up something she ate only 30 min ago!?! 


I was FLIPPING OUT. Mister Wonderful was gone on a church retreat over the weekend. It was the first time I felt completely and utterly alone. I had what felt like some really crucial decisions to make. Of course the worst possible thoughts were running through my mind. How I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my dog, how could this be happening?!? Etc etc...


The Vet tech lady came in and said they wanted to take X rays, so I hurriedly signed the form, glancing at that 300 dollar X ray charge. The Vet kept asking me, Are you certian she swallowed it? At first I was like yes yes she had blood (my friends "flow" blood (ew I know) All over her pretty white mane. They took Aspen in the back, and I told the vet tech girl that I wanted to go home and double check my house just to be certain (since she didn't vomit up the tampon)


So  sped home (thankfully didn't get pulled over) and tore apart our bedroom when low and behold, wedged in the back in a place where light don't shine or where I didn't see it the first time, there, was a wadded up bloodied tampon. Are you freaking kidding me?!? So she didn't ingest it?!?! Holy Moses. 


I called the vet back immediately saying DONT TAKE THE X RAYS she didn't eat it!!! yeah well too late on that one. They  had "just finished". #FML I rarely say that. But yesterday was a day I felt like God was testing me. I feel like I am always being tested by him financially and it sucks. I feel like it's a game. A game to see what shouldn't C Mae spend her money on so she can feel guilty about it later....what she (me) should of spend it on.........It's a never ending battle.  


Moments later I walked out with a dog who reeked of vomit, and a $500 dollar vet bill which pretty much sunk my battle ship for the day. 


I've had all these thoughts---about my future, such as how can I ever afford a child someday, if I can't afford my own dog? I know ppl always say, "in life things will always come up" or "you just make it work" but I don't want to live my life in debt, always paying off on a never ending CC bill? where in that do I get a breather? 


I need to win the lottery. SOMETHING. I'm lucky if I win a bingo game. Charlie Sheen if you ever read this blog, this is one girl that isn't #WINNING :( More like Losing. 


I love my dog more than anything I own. So I guess when it comes down to it, if I had to of racked up 3,000 in an emergency surgery, I probably would of paid it. Aspen is only 5, and I definitely wasn't ready to say goodbye! I honestly take great pride that I have such a healthy dog, a dog that everyone loves, and gives me such great compliments on. To me, that makes having her, and the moronic scares she gives me, worth every penny. A pets love and companionship is truly UNCONDITIONAL. 




As you can see by the photos, she wasn't a happy camper upon coming home. Such a mean mommy for making her vomit for nothing. 


Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry :( So glad Aspen is okay! I would've freaked out if it happened to my dog. I'm just confused why it was in the trash can. Why didn't she just flushed it down the toilet? I mean, dogs are curious creatures they want to know what things are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Aspen! Im sorry you had to go through that girl! I know how it is when you dont know whats wrong with your pup, and its no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Poor Aspen! And poor you with those vet bills! I have to say my dog has consumed a few of my tampons and he always winds up pooping them out but we find it gets "stuck" in him sometimes (TMI?). Anyhow, I'm glad she's okay! I know how terrifying that can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! That's horrible! I can't believe she did that....gross! At least she is okay. I know pet ownership can get really expensive, but in the long run they are SO worth it. You love her more than anything and that's what matters. Sending a big hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girlie I do not blame you one bit for freaking out...I would have done exactly the same thing.I am sorry you hadto go through it alone since ur man was not there! I am glad everything turned out to be ok minus that 500 emergency bill you now have to pay....hopefully this week gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly, I treat my dog like I would my own child. There is no expense I wouldn't pay for her ... and that includes thousands of dollars in surgery.

    You know ... have you thought about pet insurance for Aspen? I've invested in "accident only" insurance for Bristol through PurinaCare ... and for $14.99 mo + one time annual deductible of $100 ... it will cover absolutely ANYTHING having to do with an accident. So let's just say she swallows a tampon ... or breaks her leg doing the flying-dog-leap-for-a-tennis-ball move .. it'll cover the vet visit, the surgery, the x-rays, the meds ... all of it.

    I'm okay spending $300 year knowing I might not have to spend thousands if she gets hit by a car or something. Or if she's a ninja and manages to snack on a whole pan of brownies and needs her tummy pumped.


    ANYWAY.
    Long comment. But glad to know that Aspen's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm terribly sorry you had to go through that but, on the bright side, Aspen is a-okay and you were a good mommy to her!

    Hope that was the only downfall to your week and the rest is a breeze for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl, if you really would like to make some extra money, I can easily tell you how to get into my industry. You can just work local events on the weekend. Pay is generally between $15-$20/hr and you would have no responsibility. Rissy's going to work an event with my company in DC coming up! Let me know if you're interested!! It's super fun and easy money :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby - even though the bill was high, at least she ended up NOT swallowing it.

    I think about that a lot, too. We can BARELY afford to buy the decent flea and tick repellent during the summer, let alone pay for an emergency vet bill should something bad really happen to my "babies." How on EARTH are we going to afford REAL children???

    But I love my animals to death and would spend more taking care of them than I would myself.

    I'm sure that if you show this sort of love and devotion to your fur babies, God will come through in your REAL times of need once those two-legged offspring arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's a tip I learned from my vet-my dog (retriever) ate a WHOLE bag of hershey kisses one time, wrappers and all. I called the vet, he said to give it 2 Tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, and it would throw up on its own. I did and sure enough, he threw up all of it. If you ever were to try it, I would ask your vet first about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww poor Aspen (and Mommy). Whenever I used to say "josh and I are waiting to save enough money before we have a baby." people would always tell me "oh, you will never have enough money to afford a kid." Welll God obviously had different plans since Sawyer was a little surprise and trust me, you really do just "make it work".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know its not funny now- but you'll definitely look back one day and laugh!

    & the hydorgen peroxide trick does work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what a crazy story... sucks that you had to go thru that and spend all the money, and go through it alone to boot!

    however, what is important is that aspen is ok... :)

    i totally feel your pain on never being able to catch up "financially"... my one pup is on allergy meds that cost me about $50 a month - in addition to all the other costs associated with having a dog, and then every vet visit is triple digits. def NOT fun...

    i worry too about taking care of an actual human being baby and the costs that are sure to come with that... but in the end, you'll find a way (i'm trying to be an optimist for the both of us here!)

    i'm sure aspen is very happy that she has a mommy that would go to the moon and back to take such good care of her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to say goodbye too soon!!! I would have done the exact same thing if it had been one of my own! I too FREAK OUT if any little thing goes wrong with one of my babies!! Poor Aspen and you for that vet bill! Hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Aspen :( glad she is okay now! I am 110% with you on feeling like there is too much month at the end of your money....

    ReplyDelete
  16. :( I'm glad Aspen is okay at least. Hope today is going better than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How scary that must have been! So glad Aspen is okay, I would have been trying to explain to everyone that it wasn't my tampon either.

    ReplyDelete
  18. at least you have a funny story out of it! youll look back and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor thing! I'm glad everything is okay. My dog is my baby as well and I think we sometimes forget she's a dog ;) I've swiped my credit card my fair share of times just to make sure my pup is well. Ridiculous, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad your baby is okay! Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in the financial thing. I know God will provide for me, no matter what, but sometimes I wonder WHY ON EARTH He keeps testing me so!

    For the record, I would have spent as much money as needed for my fur child!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, first of all, I'm SO glad that Aspen is okay! My cat had a cancer scare and after emergency surgery, I got a HUGE bill at the worst time ever for me financially. We are definitely tested but you did the right thing and are such a wonderful fur mom to her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tested for sure! You know I am with you on that one! Daisy May has taken my savings account my storm. Bless their hearts, bless OUR hearts. SO glad that she did not injest that nasty thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness you poor thing! At least your puppy is safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aren't emergency vet trips the worst?! I feel for you. I'm glad she's OK!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG when I read this my heart broke for you! I am so glad that Aspen is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH NOO!! I can't believe that. At least she was okay and didn't ever swallow the tampon. I can't imagine how frustrated you were!!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.