30 September 2011

Art Overload!

Oh my word. 
I feel like I haven't blogged in a lifetime! (Ha. seriously it's been like 2 days but I have felt really out of the loop since I haven't had time to even read one single blog till tonight!)


So without further adieu, here is what I have been up to! Er..my students that is. I just teach it to them. They do the creating! 






Disney. I haven't taught this project since my first year of teaching! Oy! Seven years ago you say!?! Yep! Students learned about how Disney movies were actually created by hand painted cells. With the use of an overhead transparency, we were able to create our version on them! They also learned about COPYRIGHT and why disney's name is on the front! :) 
My after school art kids grades 4,5, and 6 made these!







2nd grade made Fall Scarecrows. Aren't they just so lovely with those black crows?









Another lesson I haven't taught in a while. 4th grade made Gustav Klimt inspired Quilts. They looked at the painting called "Baby" and went to town! This lesson came out of an art book I own. 



Radial Symmetry







Where do I begin with this project. Ended up being way harder than it should of been. My art classroom doesn't have windows, to that created a problem with tracing the paper. I finally remembered I had carbon paper, so that set us back a good week. My 5th graders have really needed me to hold their hand through this. I fear they may be like this all year! :( 
As you can see, some did the project perfectly, others, eh well they tried their best.




 6th grade had to draw their shoes. They learned the term realism, and I made this a 2 part lesson. The first part was drawing their shoe, the second was a whole lesson on Tint, Tone, and Shade. I even gave them a seven question test at the end to see what they retained!!!








1st grade made Goldfish! This was just a simple lesson testing them on their tracing and ripping paper skills, as there are still quite a few that need to practice this!




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. LOVE them all! Art must be such an amazing class to teach. You get the priveledge of seeing each students creative talents & showing them how to bring forth their inner creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these! My favourite are the Disney ones, but that's because I have a deep love for Disney everything! You must have so much fun with these kids. Sounds like a really awesome class to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! I am so impressed! I can tell you are an amazing art teacher!! Come teach in Utah!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.