02 April 2011

Movie Reviews!

Last Weekend I watched "The Fighter".

I love Mark Walhberg. He's a terrific actor and same goes for Christian Bale. However...

I did not love this movie. I didn't even really like it. I think for me, it was 2 things.

First, I adore ROCKY and all those in the Rocky series of movies. I think movie makers are completely wasting their time and money when they try to create any type of movie based on Boxing or even try to relate the story line to Rocky! IE Cinderella Man (stars Russell Crowe) Fighting ( stars Channing Tatum)

Second, it was only a few yrs ago, that I saw Walhberg in a movie called Invincible where he plays the same type character. For those who haven't seen it, it was a football movie where he plays Vince Papale, who is just your regular guy no different than you or I, that tries out for the Philadelphia Eagles and actually makes the team with no previous college or  NFL experience. 

I felt like I was watching this movie all over again. I guess I am tired of seeing him play the athlete role. Who comes from nothing, bad background, terrible home life etc etc...I get that both these movies were based on true stories, I just didn't care for the movie that much.




Last night I watched "Up In The Air" starring George Clooney. This movie was ok. Not Bad,  just different. Mister Wonderful said he liked it. I thought it was an odd role for Clooney to play.






Today I watched Conviction, starring Hilary Swank.
I give this movie a thumbs UP. It was great. To me the message was loud and clear. When it comes to family, you NEVER GIVE UP! :) Rent this. It was great!


Lastly, I watched "The Switch" starring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman.


Meh. Same feeling I got when I watched "the bounty hunter" that she was recently in. Not her best. It was cute. I liked the Backup Plan starring Jennifer Lopez wayyyyy better! 

Anyone see anything good over the weekend? 


Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. i recently watched the fighter too and was hoping to LOVE it like the rest of america. but i didn't. i'm glad to hear someone else is with me. i thought christian bale did AWESOME in it...but i felt like it was more his movie and marky mark's.

    i saw up in the air when it came out in theaters. i'm with you...it was alright. but you don't go away with a warm and fuzzy feeling that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lincoln Lawyer was really good! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love loved Up In The Air! Maybe it was because I could relate to all of the travel and days in the airport and whatnot, but I loved everything about it. Even the infidelity. It's wrong, but it happens in so many marriages. And my Dad's flown 1 million miles so I particularily loved that part, hehe!! And I haven't seen any of the others that you suggested and now I'm intrigued. Hopefully they're at Red Box, even The Fighter (although that's soooo not my kind of movie) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any of these yet... I'm always behind when it comes to movies! BUT I did see Lincoln Lawyer this weekend. Not really my type of movie, but I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you said you liked conviction, because I had heard of it a while ago and never got around to watching it. Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be renting Conviction. Thanks for the review, C! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same about the fighter! Also, we watched Due Date even though we had already seen it once in the theatre but it is toooo funny not to watch again! Have you seen that?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked The Switch--mainly cuz the kid is adorable in it :) Wasn't OMG fantastic but it was definitely cute.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.