01 August 2010

Back to School!

I return to teaching tomorrow. GULP! I am starting ALL OVER in a new school, new art room, and adding teaching Sixth Graders to my Resume. Am I ready? Is anyone as an educator truly ready?



To be quite honest, I am only nervous over the fact that I am ONE of 2 art teachers at my school. I am nervous that the little supplies I do have for my art room, won't last me all year. My new Principal seems really supportive and sweet, So I am hoping she takes to me and I can get some $$$ out of her to stock up on the basics!! ( I consider basics like Sharpies, Paint and paper.)

 I fell in love with this image. It's from Life at Five Feet's Blog. I politely asked her if I could post her picture (since she actually took this picture as her son is in it) Her blog is here

This is how I feel when I watch my student's create. There is NO WRONG ANSWER! Just try your best, and have fun! Art is not about what you see, it's about what you make others see!


7 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great back to school!! I wish my school or district for that matter offered art class. The kids would so benefit from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep! i would be nervous too, but everything will be just fine and you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your explanation on "ART". It's PERFECT!!!
    Crossing my fingers that you have a wonderful 1st day at your new school teaching. I'm sure the students will love you...don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think being an art teacher would be soo cool, but I'm sure it's stressful too, especially with budgets and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog -- Jenn did such a fabulous job on your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, so cute! I love that you are an art teacher. They were my favorite all through school :) Guess that's why I went on to be an art/design major myself! Have a blessed and memorable year!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.